Votes: 0Posted On: Oct 09, 2017 08:42:23
Before you install an SSL certificate, you will have to generate a CSR, certificate, and key. We will guide you through the process of generating a certificate and then install it.
SSL certificates can be dedicated or self-signed. A dedicated certificate is purchased from a third party, whereas the self-signed certificate is generated. Here we will demonstrate on how to generate a self-signed certificate.
Generating SSL certificate
1. Log in to your WHM account using the username and password.
2. An SSL/TLS button will be displayed on the home screen.
3. The "Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request" button will be displayed. Click on the button to view the page containing various fields namely Domains, City, State, Country, Email address, key size, Passphrase among others.
(Note: The passphrase is sometimes used for authentication)
4. Click on the "Create button" to get the Signing request, Certificate, and key.
Installing SSL certificate
1. Copy the text under the Certificate field. This is the self-signed certificate that you will install in WHM.
2. Once you have copied the certificate, go back to the SSL/TLS menu and click on "Install an SSL certificate on a Domain". Put in your domain name under the "Domain" field.
3. Paste the SSL certificate that you had copied earlier into the "Certificate" field. Click on the "Autofill by Certificate" button to autofill all other required credentials.
4. Click on the "Install" button to install the SSL certificate.